COMSATS University Islamabad, Abbottabad Campus
COMSATS University Islamabad, Abbottabad Campus, became functional on September 03, 2001. This campus established only with the 90 days of perpetual efforts of dynamic leadership. It was the visionary challenge of Dr. Atta-ur-Rehman, Former Minister for Science & Technology, to promote IT in the region. Furthermore, Dr. Haroon Rashid, Founding Director of this University, turned 308 canals of military-land into a masterpiece for services in education. The dedication of the faculty and staff, worked as an engine to provide academic options to the students. Phenomenal weather is also a plus for all. COMSATS University Islamabad, Abbottabad Campus has a motto “We aim to inspire”.
COMSATS University Islamabad, Abbottabad Campus, opens admissions for undergraduate, graduate and postgraduate programs biannually i.e. spring and fall intake. An applicant has to apply first through an online application portal or manually through visiting the admission office of the university. After a thorough assessment of all applications, the merit list of successful candidates is announced and admission offer letters are issued to them. After that, the candidate deposits his/her dues before the commencement of classes.
Selection Criteria for Undergraduate Programs
1. 12 years of relevant education or equivalent with 50% marks from an accredited educational institution.
2. Valid NTS score as per the policy of COMSATS University Islamabad, Abbottabad Campus.
Selection Criteria for Graduate Programs
1. 16 years of relevant education from an accredited educational institution, with minimum first division (Annual System) or CGPA 2.5/4.0 (Semester System) and no third division (Annual System) or ‘D’ grade (Semester System) throughout the academic career.
2. NTS GAT (General) with a minimum score of 50.
Selection Criteria for Postgraduate Programs
1. 18 years of relevant education with a thesis of 06 credit hours or its equivalent degree with a thesis of 06 credit hours from an accredited educational institution, with 70% marks (Annual System) or CGPA 3.0/4.0 (Semester System) and no third division (Annual System) or ‘D’ grade (Semester System) throughout the academic career.
2. GRE (Subject) as per the policy of HEC or NTS GAT (Subject) with a minimum score of 60.
Following departments are functional at COMSATS University Islamabad, Abbottabad Campus. Each department also offers Programs (Undergraduate, Graduate & Postgraduate) for national and international students. Programs are also mentioned under the respective department.
SCHOLARSHIPS & FINANCIAL AIDS
Every educational institution aims to invest in the professional and academic growth of students. There are always some bright students, who want to excel but the limited financial resource is the only stone in their path. In this regard, COMSATS Unversity Islamabad, Abbottabad Campus, is assisted by numerous scholarships, internal and external fundings, financial aids and awards. Office of Development is established for the award and handling of these scholarships. It also appreciates and entertains the queries of talented but financially incapable students to promote learning and educational options.
1. NTS Need-Based Scholarship
2. HEC PAK-USAID Scholarship
3. Punjab Educational Endowment Fund (PEEF)
4. HEC Need-Based Scholarship
5. Prime Minister’s Fee Reimbursement Scheme (PMFRS)
6. Chief Minister’s Educational Endowment Fund (CMEEF)
8. PEC Scholarship
9. Benevolent Fund
10. ICT R&D Fund
11. Fauji Foundation Scholarship
12. HEC-French Need-Based Scholarship
13. HEC-German Need-Based Scholarship
14. Army Wards Scholarships
15. COMSATS Abbottabad Merit Scholarship (CAMS)
16. Kinship/Siblings Concession
17. Female Merit/Need-Based Scholarship
18. Merit-Based Scholarships for Dhamtour Students
19. Award for Board Position Holders
20. COMSATS Abbottabad Merit & Need-Based Scholarships (CAMNS)
21. Workers Welfare Board SNeed-Based
22. Need-Based Scholarships for Waziristan Agency’s Students
RESEARCH & DEVELOPMENT
COMSATS University Islamabad, Abbottabad Campus, is a leading public sector institution in the field of research having 490 research publications having an impact factor of 851.755 as of the academic year 2018. Besides this, the university delivered 41 projects of grant PKR 139.78 Mn. 108 projects of PKR 301.79 Mn are in process. CUI also has updated research labs and centers. To merge the theoretical knowledge and field practices, it conducts workshops and conferences apart from the curriculum.
RESEARCH CENTERS & LABS
- COMSATS IT Center (CITC)
- CISCO Local Academy
- COMSATS Community Development Unit (CCDU)
- Drug Research Center
- Engineering Resource Center (ERC)
- High Mountain Research Center
- Student Startup Business Center (SSBC)
CONFERENCES & WORKSHOPS
- Frontiers of Information Technology (FIT)
- Project Exhibition (Electrical Engineering & Computer Science)
- Energy Materials & Nano Technology (EMNT)
- Total enrollment : 5,530
- No. of Departments : 11
- No. of Programs : 42
- Amazing Compass
- Residential Hostel
- Industry focus learning
- Flexible learning
- Knowledge transfer
- Teaching skills