College of EME NUST, Rawalpindi Click address for directions
- Phone (051) 9278050
- Email [email protected]
- Web Site http://www.nust.edu.pk/INSTITUTIONS/Colleges/CEME/Pages/default.aspx
College of Electrical and Mechanical Engineering (CEME), NUST Rawalpindi Campus
The College of Electrical and Mechanical Engineering (CEME) is a college of the NUST located in Rawalpindi and established in 1957. Around 1969, the institute was established into a complete engineering institute and awarded the status of the College of Electrical and Mechanical Engineering. CEME is affiliated with the National University of Sciences and Technology and Pakistan Engineering Council. CEME is the main center for engineering education in Pakistan. The Electrical and Mechanical Engineering College was set up as EME School in Quetta on 1st April 1957. EME was given the status of College in 1969. In 1981, EME began a BSc program and in April 1984, EME relocated from Quetta to its new campus in Rawalpindi.
The campus is situated on Peshawar Road, 15 km away from Islamabad, and 13 km away from Rawalpindi. It occupies an area with 0.50 km2 of 124 acres. The campus includes training centers, accommodation for students, faculty, and employees, stadium, auditorium, cafe, mess, sports complex, gymnasium, swimming pool, assault-course, mosque, bank, post office, welfare shop, and a grocery store.
The college offers academic and military training to cadets and officers of the Pakistan Army. After completing graduation from the EME, the cadets go for 1-year military training to the Kakul Military Academy in Pakistan and become captain for the Pakistan Electrical and Mechanical Engineering Corps of the Army. The college provides all on-campus facilities such as hostels, auditorium, academic blocks, conference halls, sports complexes, libraries, computer labs, and mess. With a collection of 70,000 volumes, the library is entirely computerized.
The mission of the university is to focus on high-quality education in engineering through highly qualified teaching staff and the best research techniques. It is emerging as a completely residential institute with high-quality education and is dedicated to fulfilling the research needs of the country.
The motto of the College of Electrical and Mechanical Engineering is -اپنا مقام پیدا ک
College of Electrical and Mechanical Engineering – Admissions, Departments & Scholarships
Admissions in the College of Electrical and Mechanical Engineering is purely merit-based. Applicants have to pass an entrance test for admission in CEME. Successful candidates are then screened for an interview. After the interview, a merit list is displayed showing the names of the candidates offered admission in CEME.
Selection Criteria for Undergraduate Programs
1. Applicants must have 12-years of education with at least 60% marks from a recognized institute.
2. Students having O/A-level or any foreign qualification must provide an equivalence certificate by the Intermediate Board Committee of Chairmen (IBCC).
Selection Criteria for Graduate Programs
1. Applicants must have completed 16-years of education with 60% marks.
2. GAT-General with a minimum 50% cumulative score will be required.
Selection Criteria for Post-Graduate Programs
1. 18-years of the relevant field with CGPA 3.0/4.0 or 3.75/5.0 (Semester System) and first division (Annual System).
2. GRE (Subject) as per the policy of HEC or NTS GAT (Subject) with a minimum score of 60%.
College of Electrical and Mechanical Engineering, NUST offers the following Scholarships for undergraduate, MS, and Ph.D. students. The scholarships will be offered on the basis of merit-cum affordability. Financial aid is provided for the financially challenged students and other students as well. Scholarships include,
1. Need-Based Financial Aid.
2. HEC Pak-USAID Merit and Needs-Based Scholarship Program.
3. Financial Assistance for Undergraduate Students.
Research is the central and the most important part of university education in Pakistan and other countries as well. The university provides a platform for the students which helps them to discover new techniques of creative innovations. The mission of CEME is to coordinate with students for research and development at the national and international levels as well. College of Electrical and Mechanical Engineering, NUST has publications in 882 journals and participated in almost 1529 conferences. Some publish article includes the following:
– Study of Formation Control Mobile Robots
– Analytical Model for Computing pressure Loss coefficient in Tea Junction of a solar collector based on discharge ratio and Reynolds
– Analyzing Vascular Structure to Determine Intra-Retinal Microvascular
Seminars and Workshops are essential for students, teachers, and others as well. It helps to keep the person updated about new trends and technologies. Every university needs to arrange seminars and workshops for its students. College of Electrical and Mechanical Engineering (CEME), involved in the following sponsored conferences and workshops:
– 11th International Conference on Machine Learning and Computing (ICMLC-2019)0
– 4th Thermal and Fluid Engineering Conference (TFEC), Las Vegas, NV, USA
– 9th Cairo International Biomedical Engineering Conference 2018 (CIBEC’18)