College of Aeronautical Engineering, NUST (Risalpur)
The College of Aeronautical Engineering (CAE) is the college of NUST located at Risalpur in KPK. The CAE was established in 1965 by USAF in Karachi Pakistan then it moved to PAF Academy at Risalpur in 1986. It offers many graduate and undergraduate programs in Aerospace and Avionics Engineering. CAE has grown into one of the best institutions in the field. It is the only institution in Pakistan that offers an internationally accepted curriculum in Aerospace and Avionics Engineering.
The college was established in 1965 at Korangi Creek, Karachi. In 1986, the college moved to Risalpur, KPK. It was previously collaborated with Karachi University and has been a part of NUST since 1994. The college offers undergraduate programs in Aerospace and Avionics Engineering. It has ISO-9001 certification. It is certified by ISO in 1999. The college has five academic departments – Aerospace Engineering, Avionics Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Humanities and Science, and Professional Continuing Education.
The College is affiliated with the National University of Science and Technology (NUST) and Pakistan Engineering Council (PEC). The mission of the college is to promote education in aeronautics and related spheres and produce the best aeronautical engineers. The motto of the College of Aeronautical Engineering is “Ilm-o-Amal, Jihad-e-Musalsal” (With Knowledge and Practice, Continuous Struggle).
College of Aeronautical Engineering, NUST (Risalpur)- Admissions, Departments, and Scholarships
Admission in NUST is purely on merit. The applicant has to pass an entry test in order to take admission in CAE. Eligible students are screened for the interview. A merit list is displayed online on the website.
Selection Criteria for Undergraduate Programs
1. Applicants must have 12-years of education with at least 60% marks from a recognized institute.
2. Students having O/A-level or any foreign qualification must provide an equivalence certificate by the Intermediate Board Committee of Chairmen (IBCC).
Selection Criteria for Graduate Programs
1. Applicants must have completed 16-years of education with 60% marks.
2. GAT-General with a minimum 50% cumulative score will be required.
Selection Criteria for Post-Graduate Programs
1. 18-years of the relevant field with CGPA 3.0/4.0 or 3.75/5.0 (Semester System) and first division (Annual System)
2. GRE (Subject) as per the policy of HEC or NTS GAT (Subject) with a minimum score of 60%.
NUST offers Scholarships and financial aid for the financially challenged students and other students as well. The scholarships include need-based, merit-based, and various other scholarships for the students of KP, FATA, and Balochistan.
1. Need-Based Financial Aid
2. Indigenous Scholarships for Students of Balochistan and FATA
3. National Endowment Scholarships for Talent (NEST)- MS & PhD
4. Chief Minister of Education Endowment Fund (CMEEF)- KP
5. Punjab Educational Endowment Fund (PEEF) Scholarships
Research is the central and the most important part of university education in Pakistan and other countries as well. University should provide a platform for the students which helps them to discover new techniques of creative innovations. The NUST is a research institute its main goal is to provide modern research techniques to its researchers and minimize the research dependency on foreign research agency. Like other colleges of NUST, CAE also has many research groups that have different areas of interest basically on Aerospace and Avionics.
Seminars and Workshops are essential for students, teachers, and others as well. It helps to keep the person updated about new trends and technologies. It is important for every university to arrange seminars and workshops for its students. Different seminars were held on Aerospace science, Avionics, and Aurenuatical engineering to provide knowledge to students.
- Amazing Compass
- Industry focus learning
- Flexible learning
- Knowledge transfer
- Teaching skills