- LocationNaushera، Road, College Chowk، Muslimabad, Mardan, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Click address for directions
- Phone 3028861713
- Email [email protected]
- Web Site http://www.awkum.edu.pk
Abdul wali khan university, (AWKU) Chitral Campus
The Abdul Wali Khan University Chitral campus is a public university, located in District Chitral, Khaber Pakhtunkhwa. The university is run by the provincial government and established in 2017. The main campus was established in April 2009 and is named after Abdul Wali Khan, a prominent personality of Pakhtunkhwa.
The university started in an already-built postgraduate college of Mardan. AWKUM has nine campuses. This education institute has been recognized by the Higher Education Commission (HEC) Islamabad Government of Pakistan as a Chartered Degree Awarding Institute. Vision: To serve society by developing in students an intellectual, cultural, ethical, and humane sensitivity through the earliest knowledge, to encourage a scientific temper to promote professional and technological expertise. Mission: To generate, spread, and preserve knowledge. To meet local and national demands and precede future social and economic objectives, and to preserve and promote cultural traditions. Through knowledge and information buildup responsible citizens.
District Chitral is the largest district of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa and is the center of the oldest ancient civilizations(Kalash), tourism, mineral extraction, and hydropower generation. Chitral is the connectivity of the country with Afghanistan, Central Asia, and contingency road to CPEC, etc. Chitral loves social gatherings; pleasure is doubled by the provision of music. The area has a rich musical tradition perhaps because music is not restricted to caste or social group.
AWKUM Chitral Campus – Admissions, Departments, Scholarships
The AWKUM Chitral Campus offers education in undergraduate and graduate programs
Selection criteria for undergraduate program
For undergraduate programs, the applicants with 50% marks in aggregate are eligible to appear in the entry tests
Selection criteria for graduate programs
For MS programs the candidate should have a prior BS degree with sufficient CGPA to be qualified to participate in the entrance test.
AWKUM Chitral Campus has a very detailed scholarship program to assist to well-founded and financially limited students AWKU university-funded scholarships
– HEC based scholarships
– Scholarships for position holders
– Sibling fee concession scholarships.
– Employee Son Scholarship
– Scholarship for Disabled Students.
– Prime Minister’s Fee Reimbursement Scheme for Less Developed Area
– Ehsas undergrad scholarship program.
The research is important for the students because it helps them to have a detailed analysis of everything. When you have in-depth analysis related to the topic of your interest, the result comes out to be fruitful with the enhanced knowledge. The AWKUM Chitral Campus has made a huge contribution to improving our society from creation to modernization
Seminars and workshops are held on a monthly basis. Students staffs and faculty are welcome to attend these events of their interest. Complete schedule is uploaded with proper dates. This help individuals to free their schedule for such events. The following seminars have been organized by AWKUM Chitral Campus:
– Arranged seminar on “Importance of entrepreneurship for economic development” attended by all the faculty members and students of the Chitral campus and employees of the Aga Khan Rural Support Program (AKRSP).
– Workshop arranged by Shehzad Khan on “Importance of Entrepreneurship for Economic Development” attended by faculty members, students, and employees of the Aga Khan Rural Support Program (AKRSP).