Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship Program 2023-2024, HEC
HEC has announced Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship 2023-24 with the collaboration of the Hungarian Government for students throughout Pakistan and AJ&K. The scholarship program is to study in various Hungarian universities in specified disciplines.
The Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship program by Higher Education Commission is a partially funded program for undergraduate, Graduate, Post-graduate, and doctorate students. Students can apply to various degree programs from all over Pakistan and AJ&K to study in Hungary. However, students may keep in mind that they may have used their resources to complete the living expenses that vary from city to city. All applicants must fulfil the required criteria to get this scholarship, so it is advisable to read the standards and requirements very carefully before applying.
The last date to submit an application is 16th January 2023. The following degree programs are being offered:
1. Bachelor’s Degree (after 12 years of education)
2. One-Tier Master’s Degree (after 12 years of education)
3. Master’s Degree (after 16 years of education)
4. PhD. Degree (after 17/18 years of education)
Search for More Scholarships
SHSP-HEC is a partially funded program that covers the complete tuition fee. Although it covers living, health, and accommodation expenses well. Yet, the living expenses vary from place to place therefore, students are instructed to calculate the expenses as per the cities they have applied for. That is why it is already mentioned that students may have added their resources to bear the living expenses. But a monthly stipend will be given to the students at all levels. Medical expenses coverage is also mentioned to give a precise picture. Students with different degree programs will get a different stipend and a different range of medical coverage. Do check HEC website for complete details.
Students can apply in different disciplines in Arts, Science, Medical, and engineering. However, they must abide by the specified subjects, approved by HEC and the Hungarian government. HEC has provided a list of all the approved disciplines and universities on its website. The applicants must go through all the provided information.
The students who will apply in medical and health sciences must check accreditation from PMDC of their degree from those universities beforehand. Therefore, it is compulsory to check well before applying. HEC will not mediate any kind of dispute later.
The applicant’s merit will be finalized according to the applied discipline. That is why the selected students will not be allowed to change their discipline after reaching Hungary.
The selected students will sign a pact to return soon after the completion of the degree and serve their country for the specific time period as mentioned in the agreement. Otherwise, the student or the guarantor must pay back the mentioned penalty.
- Applicants must be citizens of Pakistan and AJ&K. Dual nationality holders’ applications will not be considered.
- The minimum age limit is 18 years old. Students who were born before 01 September 2005 can apply for the scholarship.
- Students, enrolled in last year’s program with their existing subject, can apply. Result-awaiting students can also apply.
- Applicants who will apply for undergraduate and one-tier master’s degree programs (Medicine/Dentistry, PharmD, DVM) must have completed their HSSC/equivalent education before 01 August 2023 and must provide transcription till this date. Otherwise, the application will be denied.
- For a Master’s Degree, the applicants must have completed their 16 years of education/ Bachelor’s degree and submit the transcript before 01 August 2023. Otherwise, they will not be considered.
- For a Ph.D. degree, the applicants must have completed their 17/18 years of education (Master/MS/MPhil Degree) and submit the transcript before 01 August 2023. Otherwise, their candidature will be canceled.
- Students must fill in application forms completely on the HEC website and Hungarian Scholarship’s website. Otherwise, they will not be considered. The links are available on HEC’s website.
- IELTS/ TOEFL scores, and USAT/HAT test scores are required for HEC and Hungarian side.
- Medical Fitness Certificate (not earlier than 15 November 2022) is required to submit to prove that the applicant does not have AIDS, Hep A, B, C, or any other contagious/epidemic disease.
- Applicants must provide all documents or certifications required by Hungarian University or related authorities.
- Students applying for medical, engineering, or nursing degrees must check the accreditation of their degrees from the respective authority. Check the HEC website for details.
How to Apply
- Application, at first step, must be submitted online on the online application system of Tempus Public Foundation Hungary. Applicants must register first and then follow all the instructions provided to fill in the application.
- Applicants must get register on the HEC website and then fill in the application form to submit. Remember to select “Hungarian Scholarship Program” to apply properly. The last date to apply is January 16, 2023. (1600 hours PST).
- After applying to both websites, applicants must print the application and keep signed hard copies of both applications.
- It is mandatory to submit applications on Hungarian and HEC websites both. Get the URL of the Hungarian website from HEC’s website.
- All required documents must be submitted on the online application system of Tempus Public Foundation Hungary. The details of the required documents are given on HEC’s website in detail. Check the documents and submit them well before time to avoid heavy load on the website’s server.
- Applicants for Ph.D. programs must read carefully the checklist of required documents and submit them accordingly.
- HEC may conduct interviews or tests of shortlisted students.
- The final selected selection by HEC or Tempus Public Foundation Hungary will be last and binding.
- Students must keep hard copies of applications and documents to present when asked at later stages.
- The students will be informed on HEC’s portal and their email addresses regarding the final selection and further process.
- Applications must be submitted on Hungarian and HEC’s websites both. Otherwise, the application will not be considered.
- Wrong or incomplete information holding applications will be rejected/not considered.
- Applications received after the last date will not be considered. The final date is 16th January 2023 (1600 hours PST).
- Result-awaiting candidates must pass their exams and submit their transcripts before 1st August 2023. Otherwise, their candidature will be cancelled.
- Selected students who withdraw himself or themselves after the final award, will face disciplinary action or will be banned from an international scholarship for a certain period.
- Fulfilling eligibility criteria and completing the application do not confirm the award of the scholarship.
|Last date of submission of application||16 January 2023 (1600 hrs. PST)|
|HEC Aptitude test (USAT for undergraduate programs) (HAT for MS/MPhil/Ph.D.)||January-February 2023 (tentatively)|