Overseas Scholarship Aghaz-e-Haqooq-e-Balochistan Project
It is the goal of the Higher Education Commission to promote a progressive research culture throughout the country and to expedite every chance to train the local workforce in new methodology and scientific solutions, as well. Balochistan citizens are eligible to apply for the AHBP Overseas Scholarship Program, which offers 200 scholarships on a district-by-district basis.
Candidates who are interested in pursuing a PhD at one of the world's top 500 universities, according to the Times Higher Education Rankings, or in countries where HEC has signed a Memorandum of Understanding, are encouraged to apply.
Search for More Scholarships
- Applicant must possess Local/Domicile Certificate of Balochistan Province.
- At least two Certificates/Degrees must have been studied in and obtained from HEC recognized Universities/DAIs located in Balochistan province.
- Maximum age, as on closing date of receipt of applications:
- 40 years for full-time regular faculty members of public sector universities/ colleges and employees of public sector R&D organizations.
- 35 years for those having MS/MPhil (18 years) degree/qualification and applying for PhD programme.
- 30 years for those having MA/MSc/Bachelor (16 years) degree and applying for MS/MPhil leading to PhD programme.
- For MS/MPhil leading to PhD, the candidate must have completed 16 years education or equivalent degree (Bachelors/Masters).
- For direct PhD, the candidate must have completed 18 years education or equivalent degree (MS/MPhil).
- 3rd Division or less than 45% marks in any Degree/Certificate during entire academic career is NOT acceptable. The candidate applying for PhD scholarship should have a minimum CGPA of 3.0 out of 4.0 (in semester system) or First Division (in annual system) in MS/MPhil or equivalent degree.
- Candidate must have acquired the requisite academic qualification on or before the closing date.
- Candidate must secure minimum 50 marks (Cumulative Test Score) in Scholarship Test.
- For Medical disciplines, applicant must have a valid Pakistan Medical and Dental Council (PMDC) registration certificate.
- For engineering disciplines, applicant must have a valid Pakistan Engineering Council (PEC) registration certificate.
- Candidate who is already availing any other HEC/Non-HEC scholarship is NOT eligible to apply.