- LocationHigher Education Comission (HEC), Sector H-9, East Service Road, Islamabad Click address for directions
- Phone 0334 - 111-9432
- Web Site https://www.hec.gov.pk/english/scholarshipsgrants/US-Pakcorridor/Pages/default.aspx
US-Pakistan knowledge corridor PhD scholarship program
The United States and Pakistan developed an Education, Science and Technology Working Group (ESTWG) in the year 2015 under the Bilateral Strategic Dialogue. In the interim of the official stopover of the Pakistan’s Prime Minister to see President Obama and some other US administrators on 22nd October, year 2015 the two leaders conversed the scheme to develop US-Pakistan Knowledge Corridor and suggested their particular governments to strengthen their collaboration in this imperative agenda to accomplish the striving priority objectives of mounting increased level human capital proposed in Pakistan’s policy document Vision 2025.
Another meeting of ESTWG was held in the month of February 2016 in the Washington city to propagate a combined action plan for functionalizing the US-Pakistan Knowledge Corridor. Chiefly US agreed to support Pakistan’s efforts to strengthen its University system by cooperatively increasing the number of Pakistani faculty who obtain their PhD in the US universities.
As per the proposal, around 10,000 Pakistani researchers will join US universities in the coming decade as an effort of the Pakistan Government to provide the best coaching to its faculty resources in identified subject areas.
Citizens of Pakistan with a resilient academic background, dedicated to serving Pakistan are endorsed to apply. Candidates are specifically encouraged in the respective fields including Arts and Humanities, Design & Media, Social Sciences, Engineering, Basic Sciences, Medical & Allied Health Sciences, Agriculture, Veterinary Sciences, Computer Science, Emerging Technologies, Water Resources, and Energy.
Following is the eligibility criteria for registration
- Pakistani/AJK nationals
- Candidates having an MS/M.Phil. Degree (18 years of education) from HEC recognized universities
- Candidates with 4-years Bachelor Degree (16 years of education), eligible for direct admission in PhD programs at US Universities
- Age limit: maximum 40 years for regular faculty & researchers of public sector universities/R&D organizations, and 35 years for all others
- Has acquired valid & acceptable GRE & TOEFL scores required for admission in US Universities
- Scholars who have already secured admission or those enrolled in the PhD program in top 235 US Universities & 23 University Systems may also apply for the scholarship
- Has an active commitment to serve universities/R&D organizations in Pakistan after the completion of studies
- Academic merit-based on HEC-AEF calculator will be applicable
- Have a maximum of 2 Second Divisions throughout the academic career
- Have no 3rd Division or grade D in his/her career
- Not less than 50% marks in the academic career
How to Apply
Higher Education Commission has declared opportunities for Pakistani students to seek PhD studies in the best US Universities under US-Pakistan Knowledge Corridor from fall, the year 2017. The Scholars can apply online by clicking on this link http://eportal.hec.gov.pk/US-pakcorridor
New User Registration
For the candidates who are not registered before and are creating a profile for the first time, they are supposed to fill the form which is available on the link given above.
Select ‘Register’ and follow the steps given below:
- You need to create user ID by expending your CNIC number (without dashes) as a User ID and select your own desired password.
- After successfully creating the account fill the compulsory information presented on the screen.
- Click and get ‘Mobile Code’ on your given contact number for further process. (Presently, MNC / Ported numbers are not supported)
- After getting code on your mobile to enter the code
- Enter your email ID and click Send Code. You will obtain a code on your given email
- The email ID should be valid
- Complete code verification and click on the submission
- You will then registered successfully. Please check your email for further details
- You need to enter your generated ‘User ID’ along with ‘Password’ then ‘Sign in’ on HEC E-portal.
- Complete online ID segment-wise at http://eportal.hec.gov.pk
- Select ‘Scholarships and Grants’ on left ‘Navigation’ and then ‘US-PAK Knowledge Corridor Application’ respectively
- Then follow guidelines, fill the form and submit it
‘Sign In’ for applicants who already have Common Profile at HEC E Portal
- If you have made user ID before at http://eportal.hec.gov.pk, then click & enter the User ID and password and click on ‘Sign in’ and continue further for the scholarship by selecting ‘Scholarships and Grants‘ on left ‘Navigation’ and then ‘US-PAK Knowledge Corridor Application’
- Then follow guidelines, fill the form and submit it successfully