The noble Supreme Court has directed the restoration of the Law Graduate Assessment Test (Law-GAT) by the Pakistan Bar Council through (HEC) Higher Education Commission. Only law graduates will be eligible to register him/herself for enrollment as an Advocate if the candidate clears the Assessment Test.
- An individual having cleared Bachelor’s Degree in the specific field or equivalent from a University that is recognized by HEC/PBC is eligible to apply.
- The test date will be communicated through http://etc.hec.gov.pk
- Candidates who register through HEC Online registration process will get the roll number slip downloaded from http://etc.hec.gov.pk a week before the test date
- Candidates will be notified for a test date, time and venue via Email or SMS
- A print of Roll number slip along with original CNIC will be required to enter the venue
The test will be conducted in the following centres
Applicants are advised to choose the Test Centre from the above list as per their feasibility. The test center once selected on the completion of registration will not be changed.
How to Apply?
- Registration is online-based, visit http://etc.hec.gov.pk for online registration
- Visit HEC Regional Centres in case of any query regarding online registration.
- The test fee of 3000/- needs to be submitted online/ATM in the Account Number: 01127900567403 with the Account Title: Higher Education Commission, Bank: HBL, Branch Code: 0112
- Candidates are required to submit the original fee deposit slip through courier on the address “Room No. 13-209, 2nd Floor, HRD Building, HEC, H-8 Islamabad”
- CNIC number must be written at the backside of the deposit slip
The Registration fee is non-refundable.
Deadline for Online registration is Tuesday, June 30, 2020.
Note: Candidates will have a maximum of three chances to clear the test, 50% marks are required to pass the Law-GAT.