Jaamiah, being the official registration partner of IELTS by IDP allows you to register for IELTS directly via Jaamiah online. Please use the below-given registration form and apply for IELTS now.
What is IELTS Exam?
The IELTS is a very popular English language test used for studying, working, and moving to different countries. Over three million people took the test last year.
More than 11,000 organizations in 140 countries recognize IELTS results, including schools, employers, governments, and professional groups.
The test is designed by a team of experts from around the world and is carefully researched to make sure it’s fair and unbiased for everyone, no matter where they come from or their background.
Depending on your goals and the organization you’re applying to, you can choose either IELTS Academic or IELTS General Training.
Types of IELTS
There are several types of IELTS tests available, depending on your purpose for moving abroad:
- IELTS Academic: This test is suitable for those who want to study in higher education or need professional registration.
- IELTS General Training: If your goal is to study at the secondary education level, work, or migrate to an English-speaking country, this test is appropriate.
- IELTS for UKVI: If you plan to study, work, or migrate to the United Kingdom, you may need to take the IELTS for UKVI test. It includes options like IELTS Academic for UKVI, IELTS General Training for UKVI, and IELTS Life Skills A1 or B1.
- IELTS Life Skills A1: This test assesses your listening and speaking skills at the A1 level of the Common European Framework (CEFR). It is required for certain visa applications for the UK, like the “family of a settled person” visa.
- IELTS Life Skills B1: This is a secure English-language test (SELT) accepted by the UK Visa and Immigration Department. It evaluates your listening and speaking skills at the B1 level and is necessary for specific UK visa applications.
Modules in IELTS
The IELTS test has four parts to check your speaking, listening, reading, and writing skills.
First, you have to decide if you want to take the Academic or General Training version. After the test, you’ll get a score between 0 and 9.
- Lasts 40 minutes, with 30 minutes for listening and 10 minutes to write your answers.
- Four sections with increasing difficulty: conversations, speeches, discussions, and lectures.
- Different formats for Academic and General Training.
- Academic: One hour, 40 questions, and three academic-style readings with about 800 words each.
- General Training: One hour, 40 questions, and three sections with different types of everyday life texts.
- Also varies for Academic and General Training.
- Academic: Task 1 is describing a graph or diagram, and Task 2 is writing an academic essay.
- General Training: Task 1 is writing a letter to someone (informal or formal), and Task 2 is writing an academic essay.
- It’s the same for both Academic and General Training candidates.
- An IELTS examiner will interview you one-on-one for 11-14 minutes, divided into three parts.
- Part One: You’ll answer questions about your home, hometown, study, work, and other topics chosen by the examiner.
- Part Two: You’ll talk about a topic the examiner gives you for two minutes, after one minute of preparation.
- Part Three: You’ll discuss more complex topics related to your Part Two talk.
Remember, the time and format may change, so check the official IELTS website for the latest information.
Why choose IDP IELTS?
Here are five good reasons to book your test with IDP:
- Convenient Test Locations: IDP has six test centers at convenient locations. You can choose the one that works best for you.
- Great Customer Service: We take pride in providing excellent customer service. Our team of IELTS experts is always ready to help you with any questions or concerns you may have.
- Better Listening Experience: At IDP Pakistan, we provide infrared headphones for the Listening test. These headphones offer high-quality audio and allow you to adjust the volume and strap according to your comfort.
- Study Support: IDP offers a wide range of affordable and free IELTS preparation materials. These resources will help you prepare better for the test.
- Quick and Secure Results: You have the option to receive your test results through SMS or our secure online portal.
If you have any questions about IELTS, your IDP counselor is there to assist you and help you book your test.