PhD Food Sciences & Technology
To be recognised as an excellent S&T institution that plays a critical role in transforming the food industry to be competitive on a national and international level, with a focus on food security, safety, quality, and nutrition, by producing competent professionals capable of achieving excellence in knowledge dissemination and implementation to meet the challenges of the new millennium, by producing competent professionals capable of achieving excellence in knowledge dissemination and implementation to meet the challenges of the new millennium.
To address national and worldwide challenges in food security, safety, and human nutrition by providing high-quality undergraduate and graduate education and developing cutting-edge techniques.
• Addressing new difficulties in food science and human nutrition necessitates the development of internationally competitive human resources.
• Developing internationally competitive human resources is critical to addressing emerging challenges in food science and human nutrition.
• Adding value to agricultural output and lowering post-harvest losses by offering suitable cost-effective technology packages for handling, processing, and storage.
• Develop and provide technical expertise, training, and services to the commercial sector and other stakeholders in the food business.
• Establishing and developing a network that brings together academics, researchers, the food industry, and consumers.
- Food Safety Standards
- Unit Operations in Food Processing
- Food industrial waste management
- Post-Harvest Management
- Advanced Food Microbiology
- Food Enzymology
- Food Industrial Waste Management
- Food Toxicology
- Advanced Food Chemistry
MSc (Hons) Agri/ MSc (Hons) Agri Sci./ MSc (Hons) Food Science. with major in the relevant field
CGPA 2.5/4.00 (Semester System)/ 2nd division with at least 45% marks (annual system)
Pakistan Atomic Energy Commission
Agricultural Research Institutes
Punjab Food Authority
Food Testing Laboratories
Pakistan Dairy development Board
Food Certification Organizations
Export Promotion Bureau of Pakistan
Public Analyst Laboratories
Tehsil Management Authorities
Provincial Food Departments
Ministry of Agriculture
Air ports and Sea ports
Health Institutions as Dietitian
Nutritionists and Dieticians
Public Health Departments
Research and Teaching Institutes
International Organizations: UNICEF, UNDP, WHO, FAO, World Bank
Community Development Program
Independent Private Practice
Consultant for Private Companies
Consultant in Private Hospitals
Airlines and Railways
Health Care Centers
Public health departments in Middle East, Europe etc.
Independent Private Practice as registered dietitians
Food Industries as:
Food Quality Assurance Manager
Quality & Food Safety Manager
Food Safety Officer
Restaurants and fast food hotels
Chamber of commerce & industries
Teaching & research institutes
Public health departments
Public analyst & laboratories
Food industries and public health departments in Middle East, Europe etc.