Geography is the study of places, as well as the relationships that exist between people and their surroundings. Geographers study both the physical properties of the Earth's surface as well as the human societies that have developed across its surface. Geography seeks to understand where things are found, why they are there, and how they develop and change over time. It is the study of the earth's surface. A MSc requires 2 years of full-time research .In their first year, students participate in a comprehensive training program that includes lectures and workshops on current issues in geography, research project development and design, and empirical research methods and procedures. Geography research includes both natural (physical) and social (social and human) sciences (human geography).
- Physical Geography
- Fundamentals of Geography
- Qualitative and Quantitative Techniques in Geography
- Geodynamics and Geomorphology
- Principles of Atmospheric and Hydrospheric Dynamics
- Workshop on Geographical Thought and Concepts
- Field Surveying and Investigation
- Cartographic Interpretation and Design
- Human Domains of Geography
- BSc in Geography from HEC recognized Institute.
- Minimum 50% marks in previous degree.
- Passing marks in entry test.
In the commercial sector, geographers are in high demand in industries including as banking, real estate development, marketing, and utilities, where they work on business location challenges, market area assessments, and the optimization of service networks. Geographers are also in high demand in government. They go on to become cartographers, GIS Specialists, climatologists, and geographic information system (GIS) analysts, among other professions.