MS Remote Sensing (RS) and Geographic Information System (GIS)
This Master of Science in Remote Sensing and Geographic Information Systems is a two-year professional degree program is specifically to prepare GIS and RS students for post-secondary positions in government or the private sector. Graduates of the program gain all of the necessary skills to take on management positions in business, government, and industry, or to work as specialists in other fields requiring geospatial expertise.
Graduate students in Geographic Information Systems (GIS) learn how to use high-tech scientific equipment and computers to collect and analyze data using programs designed by the world's leading geospatial software providers. They also conduct research with internationally recognized faculty members both at home and abroad, and they fill internships with federal, state, and local governments, as well as private industry.
- Applied Remote Sensing & GPS Techniques
- Applied Statistical Methods
- Applied Remote Sensing
- Python Scripting
- Advanced GIS
- Organizational Communication
- Introduction to Remote Sensing
- Introduction to GIS and Computer Methods
- A minimum of 50% marks or 2.0 CGPA in Bachelor’s degree or any other equivalent qualification.
- Passing marks in entry test.
Over the last three decades, remote sensing science has emerged as one of the most fascinating subjects. Earth observation from space, via various remote sensing instruments, has provided a viewpoint for monitoring land surface dynamic behavior, natural resource management, and the overall state of the environment.
GIS and RS automation is used for more than just mapping. It is also used in a variety of fields such as
- Petroleum- Used to locate petroleum refineries.
- Telecommunications- For the upkeep of network signals.
- Transportation- To comprehend road traffic and mobility.
- Real estate- To conduct a land registration survey.
- Manufacturing entails identifying mineral ores.