MS Health Policy and Management
The health sector requires management professionals and researchers, doctors, and other medical staff to properly manage and excel in the health sector. For management, a Master in Health Policy and Management is offered in multiple universities to generate professionals. The students are trained to plan, frame policies and their analysis, manage health sectors, and innovate research and development. Hence, the ultimate goal of the degree is to generate Public Health Leaders. For this purpose, the degree's curriculum is mainly designed to understand better the practical approaches to health care systems and their management.
- Principles of Epidemiology
- Health Services Research Methodology
- Health Services Research Design II
- Health Services Research Design I
- Applied Regression II
- Applied Regression I
- Health systems Organization & financing I
- 16 years of education in relevant field.
- 50% marks in previous degree
- Passing marks in Entry test.
Master in Health Management and Policy attracts hundreds of students every year in Pakistan because the scope of this academic program for a career is very appealing. Professionals are recruited in various health institutes and relevant disciplines such as pharmacies, hospitals, diagnostic centers, medical colleges, and insurance companies for administration and management. Moreover, Health Management professionals enjoy attractive salary packages. In addition, the job of the Health Management professionals as managers is of high responsibility. They have to plan, supervise, and analyze finance policies and relevant areas. Following are some areas where skilled professionals can get outstanding job opportunities.
- Government and Private Hospitals
- Food Inspection Authorities
- Pharmaceutical Firms
- Health Department
- Policy Making Organizations and Institutions
- Medical and Administration Colleges and Universities
- Food and Community Health Department