The Master of Philosophy in Criminology (MPhil) is a 2-year full-time research degree that can be added to a taught MSc in Criminology. For those who want to work in a variety of criminal justice agencies, the legal profession, or other professional or voluntary organizations, the MPhil in Criminology provides a solid foundation of knowledge and methodological skills. The students are offered practical training by working and assisting within real organizations to become more skilled.
The scientific study of crimes and criminal behaviors is referred to as criminology, a subset of sociology. It is concerned with learning the most up-to-date and cutting-edge criminal investigation tactics and methodologies. Students will be prepared to perform research projects, extension program, and community development in order to improve criminology practice and maintain peace and order.
- Advanced Theories in Criminology
- Drugs and Crimes
- Methods for Criminal Investigation
- Social Policy and Crime
- Cyber Crime and Cyber Laws
- Globalization and Transnational Crimes
- Advance Research Methodology
- Research Thesis
- 16 years of education in the relevant field with at least 2.50/4.00 CGPA or equivalent marks
- NTS GAT General or MUL GAT with at least 50% score
- Pass Admission Test (as per university criteria)
There is a significant criminology scope in Pakistan, and demand for criminology in Pakistan is always high, with a large number of work prospects. Every year, the Pakistani government announces positions for criminologists in the NAB, FIA, Police Training Colleges, and Anti-Corruption Departments, among other places. A variety of colleges and institutions offer criminology degrees at the bachelor’s and master’s levels. The MS degree can be carried forward towards PhD to excel in the field.