BS Software Engineering
It is rightly said that in this modern era, our civilization is run by software. It is evident from all the gadgets and appliances we use in our daily lives, such as smartphones, automation systems in hospitals, schools, and other government and private institutes. All these are miracles of software Engineering. Nowadays, it is almost impossible to imagine any activity, either at home or at workplaces, which is at least semi-dependent on software. BS in Software Engineering is a four-year postgraduate degree program. If we talk about what software engineering is in simple words, it can be defined as dealing with computer programs and relative documentation. These software programs are based on available relative data. It is an engineering field that revolves around basic concepts, tools, and techniques to establish high-standard practicable software.
- Introduction to Software Engineering
- Introduction to Database Systems
- Operating Systems
- Object-Oriented Paradigm
- Programming Fundamentals
- Formal Methods in Software Engineering
- Software Project Management
- Software Quality Engineering
- Software Design and Architecture
- Software Requirements Engineering
- Intermediate (FSc Pre-Engineering, ICS) or equivalent with 60% marks.
- Passing marks in the entrance exam.
The practical approach of software engineering is unimaginable. It is because Software Engineering is now linked with all other branches of computer science and other branches such as cognitive sciences. Countless companies in Pakistan and worldwide hire software engineers, which indicates high demand for software engineers. Most of the jobs for software engineers are concentrated in industries, start-up companies, and software development centers. Moreover, software engineers can also pursue their field as an analyst, software developer, etc.
Software engineers have a multitude of choices in jobs. Software engineering generates skilled professionals who earn their livelihood and contribute to the state’s socio-economic prosperity. The best examples are software engineers who work as freelancers and contribute to the rise in foreign exchange. They can build their career in the following ways to ensure a bright future.
- Software Quality Assurance Engineer,
- Systems Programmer,
- Embedded Software Engineer,
- Software Architect,
- Chief Technology Officer,
- Chief Information Officer,
- User Interface designer,
- Information Systems Manager or
- Computer Graphic Designer etc.