BS Information Technology
The Bachelor (BS) in Information Technology is a 4-year undergraduate degree program that primarily emphasizes computers and related technology. It differs from the academic program of computer science because Information Technology revolves around the applied side of computing, such as business and communication. In contrast, computer science deals with the scientific approach of computing. Furthermore, it focuses on e-commerce and e-business, becoming the center of trade and commerce in the upcoming era. In addition, Information technology can be either an information system-based degree or more close to engineering degrees. Hence, it greatly relies on the program of the institute/university. Therefore, names for this degree can vary across countries and even universities within countries.
- Fundamentals of IT
- Applied Thermodynamics
- Statics & Dynamics
- Fundamentals of Electrical Engineering
- Fundamentals of Computer Engineering
- Humanities & Management
- Mathematics & Basic Sciences
- Electronic Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Computer & Information Systems Engineering
- Intermediate (FSc Pre-Engineering, ICS) or equivalent with 60% marks.
- Passing marks in the entrance exam.
There are multiple reasons to get enrolled in the Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology. The key points of them to know about are mentioned below:
- An IT manager can make business processes automated and make them future-proof.
- It is a highly valued program that makes possible the combo of the applied field and computer science.
- This program has space for personal attention and input, and it takes the IT manager to the core of the professional field and practice.
In Pakistan, IT usually leads to System Administrator or Network Administrator. The system Administrator deals with IT-related hardware, and servers whereas Network Administrator deals with networking management. In Pakistan, every institute requires Information Technology (IT) professionals. For instance, hospitals, universities, small companies, etc. Furthermore, a degree in Information Technology (IT) can also unlock various careers as it is one of the demanding programs in today’s workforce. An IT specialist can build their career in the following ways:
- Software applications developer
- Information security analyst
- IT consultant
- Cloud architect
- Computer forensic investigator
- Health IT specialist
- Mobile application developer
- Computer systems analyst
- Database administrator
- Management analyst
- Data Modeler
- Computer network architect