BS Gender Studies
Specifically, the Gender Studies major investigates how gender and sexuality have influenced constructs of human identity across time and across cultures, and how these have influenced human development, conduct, and the administration of justice. As a participant in the Bachelor of Science in Gender Studies program, students will get an understanding of the historical, social, psychological, economic, and political factors that have influenced gender roles. The intersectionality of gender with other factors such as class, caste, race, ethnicity, and sexual orientation will be examined in order to gain a better understanding of human interaction and survival. These results bring out the diverse nature, complexity, and depth of this program, and they raise awareness about how gender is one of the most fundamental elements of experience, and about how this education brings equality, an understanding of discrimination, and social justice into the lives of all individuals. The program provides an understanding of the diverse contributions that women have made to all aspects of human development and interaction.
- Gender Based Violence
- Introduction to Sociology & Sociological Theories
- Men and Masculinities
- Gender and Psychology
- Gender and Religion
- Feminist Theories
- Women and Economics Empowerment
- Marriage and Family Laws in Pakistan
- Introduction to Gender Studies
- F.A/ FSc with minimum SECOND division or Equivalent (A level etc).
- 50 % or above marks in last degree.
- Passing marks in entry test.
A bachelor’s degree in Gender Studies will help you prepare for practically any situation. It’s an interdisciplinary program that exposes students to hidden history, dives into complicated social institutions, fights injustice and oppression, and develops future-ready abilities. Above all, it aids pupils in their self-awareness. Here are a few examples of jobs Gender Studies graduates can hold,
- Administrator of a human services department
- Advocate for victims of domestic violence and hate crimes
- Associate director of a human rights organization
- Business owner
- Communications consultant
- Congressional aide
- Coordinator of a women’s health clinic
- Director of social service agency
- Executive director of a foundation
- Film production assistant
- Flight instructor
- Law enforcement officer