- LocationUniverty Wensam College, University Road Dera Ismail Khan Click address for directions
- Phone 0966-731919
- Web Site http://www.gu.edu.pk/new/faculties/Science/Wensam/wensam.asp
University WENSAM College, Dera Ismail Khan
Till 1979 the University of WENSAM College Dera Ismail Khan was known as Govt. Comprehensive High School Dera Ismail Khan. The Gomal university takes over the school and upgrades it into Higher Secondary level. After the take over the institute renamed as University WENSAM College. It is one of the oldest college in the region. The college produced thousands of hardworking and bright students. The college provides all the basic facilities needed for students. The college is located at one of the main and prime location of the city. The college has a good security system. The primary section is supervised by headmistress while the middle and higher sections are under Principle and also supervised by Vice Chancellor of Gomal University, D.I.Khan.
WENSAM is abbreviated as:
W: Wood Work
M: Metal Work
The school opens admission once in a year nearly the month of March. Matriculation education is provided at school and students obtain the certifications according to their selected courses from Board of Intermediate and Secondary Education (B.I.S.E D.I.Khan). The admission is purely on merit basis. The candidate has to receive the prospectus from the admission office. The applicant has to submit the registration form. After the registrations are completed, the list of selected candidates is displayed.
SELECTION CRITERIA FOR PRIMARY SECTION (NURSERY-GRADE 5)
- Age should be around 4 years. (For Nursery)
- The student has the basic general knowledge.
- Applicant should know the basics of English, Urdu, and Mathematics.
SELECTION CRITERIA FOR SECONDARY SECTION (GRADE 6- GRADE 10)
- The candidate should know the basic general knowledge.
- The student should know the basics of the subject (English, Urdu, and Mathematics).
- The candidate has much knowledge to appear in board examination.
SELECTION CRITERIA FOR HIGHER SECTION (FA/FSC)
SELECTION CRITERIA FOR FA
The selection criteria for FA students are as follow:
- Candidate should complete all the necessary admission requirements.
- An applicant should at least have 60% marks in metric.
SELECTION CRITERIA FOR FSC
- The candidate should complete all the admission requirements.
- The student has at least 60% marks in metric with the subject of Science.
The College is providing the following scheme of study.
PRIMARY SECTION (NURSERY-GRADE 5)
The primary classes have highly qualified and experienced faculty. To build a strong base of students the faculty teaches the best of their knowledge. The college has playgrounds and class activities to develop interest and confidence in students. All students have to participate in class activities.
Following classes are in the primary section:
- Class 1
- Class 2
- Class 3
- Class 4
- Class 5
SECONDARY SECTION (GRADE 6- GRADE 10)
The school offers matriculation level education. The highly experienced faculty teaches the student. Students perform experiments in the supervision of teachers. The faculty teaches the best of their knowledge to the student to build their base their strong. Weekly and monthly test to assess the student. The school has a library, and laboratories. Lab experiments are performed by students.
Following classes are in the Secondary section:
- Class 6
- Class 7
- Class 8
- Class 9
- Class 10
- Biology Group
- Computer Group
HIGHER SECTION (FA/FSC)
Students are very fond of fine arts. The college offers the best standards for intermediate education. The college has well-established laboratories and library. Students have easy access to the library. Students perform the experiment to verify the theoretical concepts. Students give the best result in HSSC examination.
Following programs are offered in the higher section.
- Intermediate in Computer Science
EXTRA CO-CURRICULAR ACTIVITIES
The College has participated in many inter-college competitions all over the KPK and wins many titles.
- Blood Donation
SCHOLARSHIPS AND FINANCIAL AIDS
- Fee concession on Siblings
- Need-based Scholarship
- Gomal University, Dera Ismail Khan