NCA (National College of Arts) Lahore
The National College of Arts has maintained a visionary approach to the arts. As the oldest institution in Pakistan, it remains one-of-a-kind. From an industrial polytechnic in 1875 to a contemporary arts college starting with three major departments in 1958, the college today boasts an impressive seven departments, all of which contribute to Pakistan’s professional communities on an annual basis, the best artists, architects, designers, ceramicists,ﬁlm makers, cultural researchers and musicologists the country has to oﬀer.
Our undergraduate, graduate, and postgraduate courses have proved the test of time. The bulk of professionals produced by our institute are working in multinational companies internationally and nationally. They have contributed a lot to our society.
In accordance with the policy of the Government of Pakistan with respect to admission in national institutions, the following places in each degree course are allocated to applicants from various areas of the Country.
Azad Jammu & Kashmir 5%
Gilgit and Baltistan 7%
SELECTION CRITERIA FOR UNDERGRADUATE PROGRAMS
The College conducts admission tests that are held in all the provinces of Pakistan.
- 12 years of relevant education or equivalent with at least 45-50% marks in intermediate and no 3rd division in matriculation.
- Candidates wishing to join the department of fine art and faculty of design are required to obtain high grades in the drawing and aptitude tests.
- Candidates wishing to apply for the department of architecture are required to pass an examination in mathematics in addition to drawing and aptitude tests.
- Those wishing to apply for the department of musicology and film and television will be required to take an aptitude test.
- Only those candidates are eligible to take the admission examinations who have passed the Higher Secondary/Intermediate Examination or its equivalent from any recognized institution, with a minimum of second division (45% Marks).
- Students with the third division are not eligible to apply.
SELECTION CRITERIA FOR POSTGRADUATE PROGRAMS
The college grants equal opportunities to women and men who possess an exceptional aptitude for the visual arts and who have attained a reputable standard in general education before applying for admission. The College does not discriminate against admission for physically challenged persons. The College conducts admission tests that are held in all the provinces of Pakistan.
Candidates wishing to join the department of fine art and faculty of design are required to obtain high grades in the drawing and aptitude tests. Candidates wishing to apply for the department of architecture are required to pass an examination in mathematics in addition to drawing and aptitude tests.
Those wishing to apply for the department of musicology and film and television will be required to take an aptitude test. Only those candidates are eligible to take the admission examinations who have passed the Undergraduate degree with a minimum of 2.5 CGPA. Students with the third division are not eligible to apply.
SCHOLARSHIPS & FINANCIAL AIDS
A limited number of scholarships from government funds, private and alumni donations are available through the College, both as a need-based grant as well as on merit basis.
- Government merit awards are granted in accordance with the result of the first term examination in the case of students of the first-year foundation course, and on the result of annual evaluations in the case of students from other years.
- A scholarship fund was established in 1992 through private sector donations for need-cum-merit assistance, administered by the Heads of Departments Committee.
- Full and Half tuition fee exemption may be granted by the Principal on compassionate grounds to a limit not exceeding 10% of the regular students on the College rolls.
- Students whose siblings pay the full fees as regular students in any government institution are entitled to half-fee exemption as per government rules.
- Punjab Educational Endowment Fund (PEEF) Scholarships: For Scholarships please visit:www.peef.org.pk.
- The Government of Baluchistan and Khyber Pakhtunkhwa award scholarships to students from their respective areas.
- The NCA Endowment Fund Scholarships are awarded to the students from all departments on need cum merit basis.
- Nayyar Ali Dada Scholarships are awarded to architecture students on need cum merit basis.
- Omar Aftab Trust Scholarships are awarded to students from all departments on need cum merit basis.
- Asim Butt Scholarship Endowed in memory of Asim Butt (1978-2010), a widely appreciated painter, graffiti artist, and muralist. He came to special attention in 2007 for his political graffiti across Pakistan and his contribution to public art through the murals he painted in Karachi. The scholarship is awarded to the students of the fine arts department on merit cum need basis.
- Zahra and Z.Z. Ahmed Foundation Scholarships are awarded to students from all departments on need cum merit basis.
- Rehana Majid Nizami Scholarship A needs cum merit-based scholarship for undergraduate fine art students funded in her memory by Majid Nizami and Rameeza Majid Nizami Trust and Nawa- e- Waqt Group.
- Ch. Faqir Hussain Scholarship is awarded to students from all departments on need cum merit basis.
- The BF Biosciences Ltd Scholarship is awarded to students from all departments for the duration of their degree on a need-cum-merit basis.
- Shezan International Scholarship is awarded to students from all departments on need cum merit basis.
- Lux Style Awards (two Scholarships) For meritorious students in the department of film & TV.
Scholarships are announced at the start of the academic year, and applications are invited from the students for the award of scholarships
The College operates 2 workshops for wood and metal. Some of our machines go back to the Victorian Gothic period when this style was in vogue in Britain. However, in the present bulk of the machinery is now updated. The workshops are competently staffed by teams of trained craftsmen. The foundation course has peculiar projects designed to familiarize students and individuals with the workshop facilities. Moreover, students are expected to use the workshops as and when needed.
- Total enrollment : 1200
- No. of faculty : 70
- No. of Departments : 12
- No. of Programs : 16
- Amazing Compass
- Residential Hostel
- Industry focus learning
- Flexible learning
- Knowledge transfer
- Teaching skills