Turbat is the second-most populous city in the province of Balochistan. It lies in the south of the province and is also the administrative center of the kech district of Balochistan. Historically, Turbat was also the capital of the Makran state. The river of Kech flows alongside the Turbat city, which originally flows from the Dasht River.
With respect to the other cities of the province, Turbat holds moderate figures with respect to education. According to Kech (Turbat), District Education Plan for 2016-2017 to 2020-2021, the rate of educational attainment of students between 10 to 15 years of age is 40 percent whereas the rate of educational attainment of students of up to 10 years of age is 48 percent. These figures are comparatively lower as compared to cities at the level of Pakistan. However, the government of Balochistan is keen to improve the situation vis-à-vis education.
Facts about Universities in Turbat
- The city of Turbat has a key university, the University of Turbat.
- University of Turbat was commissioned by the Government of Balochistan in 2012 as a public sector university through an act passed by the Balochistan Provincial assembly.
- As of now, the university is providing higher education to almost 3400 students under different programs.
- The University of Turbat maintains that its addition of new courses will lead to the creation of 500 extra jobs for the students of the university.
- The University of Turbat is not only providing higher education to the students of Turbat but also to the students of adjoining districts such as Gawadar and Awaran.
- Living costs for a student in Turbat are relatively low. An estimated monthly stipend of PKR 20, 000 – 30, 000 would cover accommodation, food, transportation, communication, and other living expenses.
- The cost of education such as tuition fees is lower in comparison to the other colleges and universities of Pakistan.
What is education like in Turbat?
- The literacy rate of the city of Turbat is 45%.
- The provincial government of Balochistan is responsible for all educational institutions in Turbat.
- The Governor of the province of Balochistan acts as a chancellor by their designation. They accord approval for the appointment of the vice-chancellor.
- Most of Turbat colleges and universities are chartered and administered by the Government.
- According to the Kech (Turbat) District Education Plan for 2016-2017 to 2020-2021, 50% of the boys and 53% of the girls of the 6-15 age group are out of school.
- Colleges and universities in Turbat are gender-based regardless of educational programs.
Quick Facts about Turbat
- According to the 2017 census, the population of the city of Turbat is 213, 557. Overall, Turbat is the 38th largest city in Pakistan.
- Livestock is an integral part of the economy of the city.
- Turbat is also a key marketplace for dates in the province. Also, it has factories of date processing.
- The climate of Turbat is towards the hotter side. History of recorded temperatures has shown that the temperature in Turbat can go up to 53. 5 degrees Celsius.
- The character of Punnu from the Sassi Punnu folklore also belonged to the city of Turbat. Meanwhile, the fort of Punnu is still there in the city.
- Turbat is just 120 km away from the port city of Gwadar
- The city of Turbat is 129 meters above sea level.
- Turbat is a tehsil of the Kech district of Balochistan province.
- Currently, the city has issues with respect to electricity provisions.
- The city of Turbat has its own international airport.
- The population density in Turbat is far less as compared to even Turbat. Turbat has 860 residents per square kilometer whereas the city of Turbat has a population density of only 27 people per square kilometer.
- The city lies near the road to the banks of the Kech River.
- Turbat has a beautiful landscape with hills and a clear sky.
Below is a comprehensive list of all major universities in Turbat. Jaamiah keeps you updated with authentic and current updates about tuition fees, the socio-economic environment of the cities, videos, photos, location maps, reviews of the community, and ratings. The purpose is to help you find the best university in Turbat.