A wonderful city between the Indus River and Kabul river, Swabi is one of the most populated cities of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa. This region has played a significant role in the cultural, social, and political evolution of Pakistan. Moreover, the city is honored for its golden history of Gandhara Art.
Swabi has seen a positive trend in literacy since the last decade as the city’s educational status has improved a lot. Numerous outclass schools and colleges and The University of Swat play a pivotal role in imparting knowledge and vocational skills to its students.
Facts about Universities in Swabi
- The University of Swabi has a very prestigious rank in the top universities of the province.
- The academia of the University is fully passionate and dedicated to conveying the knowledge to its students.
- The University is helping out the needy students by offering the degrees at a very reasonable cost.
- It has been meeting the advanced standards of higher studies as it is prioritizing the latest disciplines in science and technology.
- The University is well equipped with the latest scientific and IT laboratories to meet the higher ends.
- Advanced degrees such as Geology, Management, Natural, and Applied sciences, Journalism etc., are being offered at the campus.
- Apart from this, The Women University of Swabi facilitates the girls and women in Swabi so that those females who prioritize a separate education system can benefit from it.
- Moreover Ghulam Ishaq Khan Institute of Engineering and Technology One of the most advanced and top-level institutions delivering high-quality education in science and technology.
Educational Status of Swabi
- The literacy rate of Swabi (59.06%) is quite good compared to that of neighboring areas of the city.
- The multitude of government schools and degree colleges contribute to enlightening the area with innovation, thinking, skills and knowledge.
- In addition, the private sector is also in the front line of the educational development of the region. For instance, Quaid-e-Azam public schools and colleges, and Tameer-e-Seerat Public school and college.
- The education system is separate for girls and boys so that maximum girls could accomplish the dream of studies without any social pressure.
Some facts to know about Swabi
- Swabi is home to 1,026,804 inhabitants, and the annual growth rate is 2.96%.
- The prominent tribe of the Swabi district is Yousazai and Pashto is the predominant language. The dominant tribe in the community is Yousafzai, and Pashto is the most spoken language in the city.
- History: The word Swabi is derived from “Saabi.” “Saabi” used to worship the stars before the advent of Islam.
- In addition, Panini, the first historian, and grammarian of Sanskrit, belonged to Swabi.
- Gandhara art made this area the cultural hub of the Buddist world.
- Alexander the Great also fought a war in this land.
- Economy: In Swabi, most people earn their livelihood from agriculture as it is a rich agricultural land. 52.6% of the population is linked with agriculture. However, the economy of the area depends upon the crops of tobacco and the Gadoon Industrial Estate. Swabi has an abundance of citrus fruits such as watermelon, apricots, and peaches.
- Places to Visit: The land of Swabi is home to elegant archaeological sites. For instance, the Tomb of Yusuf Khan and Sherbano, Ranigat Buddhist Ruins, The Fort of Hund, and Hund Museum of Gandhara take us back to the golden era of a thousand years back.
- Moreover, Karamar Mountain, Kund park, Pehur High-Level Canal, Ghazi Barotha Dam, and Tarbela Dam are also the sites of attractions for visitors.
Jaamiah is a comprehensive platform that provides detailed information about all educational institutes in Swabi for higher studies. Now, access to information, such as tuition fees, location, ranking, and public comments, is available with a single click on Jaamiah.com.
In addition, financial assistance and scholarships are also given so that whoever is needy can benefit from it.
Likewise, some educational institutes are also facilitating students with online degree programs. So now, students looking for an online degree can take advantage of it. Given below is the thorough list of educational institutes in Swabi.