Khairpur is the capital of the third-largest district of Sindh, Khairpur, concerning the area. This historical city was founded at the end of the eighteenth century by Mir Sohrab Khan Talpur, who came from Iran. An honorable distinction the Khairpur possesses is that it is home to the shrine of renowned Sufi saint Sachal Sarmast.
Education in Khairpur
A multitude of private and public sector schools and colleges are working for development in the education sector. Shah Abdul Latif University is giving its services to fulfill the requirements of higher studies. Moreover, some renowned colleges include IBA IBA-Institute of Emerging Technologies, LUMHS Khairpur Medical College, and Mehran University College Of Engineering And Technology SZAB Campus Khairpur.
Universities in Khairpur
- Mehran Institution of Engineering and Technology: It is a public sector university in Sindh. It offers several degree programs of BS, MS, and Ph.D. in a wide range of disciplines. The mandate of the institute is to produce graduates who can contribute to national and societal development.
- Pir Abdul Qadir Shah Jeelani Institute of Medical Sciences (PAQSJIMS): It is a teaching hospital in Khairpur also known as Gambat Institute of Medical Sciences (GIMS). It is well known for its excellence and is affiliated with Higher Education of Pakistan. The institute’s mandate is to provide free services to the people of Khairpur and attain excellence in academics. Moreover, this institute is also giving its benefits for research and development.
- Sindh Agriculture University Khairpur campus: The first agricultural institute in Khairpur aims to educate the masses in Khairpur. It produces highly skilled human resources, which later serve agriculture with the latest developments and technologies to acquire maximum benefits.
Some Facts about Khairpur
- Population: As per the Census of Pakistan 2017, Khairpur city is a land of more than 0.18 million people.
- Accessibility: It is connected by rail with Peshāwar and Karāchi and by road with Sukkur and Karachi.
- Economy: Following Pakistan’s independence in 1947, the city grew industrially, with textile, silk, leather, carpet factories, and sugar and flour mills. Several parks, Mir’s castle, hospitals, a library, and a stadium are among the amenities.
- History: Before the partition of the Indian Subcontinent, British rule entitled it the state’s rank, and Khairpur continued to preserve its political value even after British Raj in the Sindh. Later on, Khaipur became part of Pakistan after eight years of independence.
The Shrine of Sachal Sarmast
Sachal Sarmast was a man for humanity, peace, and love. Therefore, to pay homage to his services, hundreds of people visit his shrine every day. It is one of the highly visited places in Sindh. He spread the message of peace and harmony and won the hearts of people with his poetry. Moreover, he is also named “Shair-e-Haft Zuabn,” which means poet of seven languages.
Faiz Mahal is another masterpiece of history in Khairpur. It depicts the adorable taste for art and culture of people of its time. The Mahal is decorated with outstanding artwork on its building.
- Kot Diji is an eminent archaeological masterpiece associated with the glorious Indus Civilization and even before the period of Indus Civilization.
- This area was civilized, having proper society management depicted from stone tools and pottery.
- Later on, Mir Sohrab Khan Talpur selected this area to build forts to protect his Empire. He made one of three magnificent forts in Kot Diji. It was designed for defensive purposes as it was well equipped with the latest armaments of that time.
- After the advent of the British Raj, it was being used as a grand prison for criminals. Therefore, its significance started facing a downward trend.
- Moreover, when Khairpur was annexed with Pakistan, the government of Pakistan took charge of it and declared it as an archaeological monument.
Jaamiah is bringing you the most recent information on all of Khairpur’s institutions and institutes. Students seeking admission to Bachelor’s, Master’s, and Ph.D. programs in any city around the country may readily find information on tuition fees, accreditation, a location map, videos, images, and ratings. Furthermore, many colleges and institutions are making it easier for students with online degrees to meet their distance learning requirements. Jaamiah also provides information on scholarships and financial aid so that deserving individuals can pursue their dreams of higher education. The following is a comprehensive list of all universities and institutes.