Jamshoro is the district headquarters of Jamshoro in the Province of Sindh, located at the right bank of the Indus River. Moreover, Jamshoro is the home to adorable scenic beauty, which attracts visitors worldwide and gives them unforgettable experiences.
Education in Jamshoro
Jamshoro is home to hundreds of schools, renowned colleges, and three universities. Thousands of students are getting an education over here to make ends meet. The current literacy rate of Jamshoro is 46.47% and has been increasing every year due to awareness in public and dedication of educational institutes. Moreover, the Gross Enrollment Rate at the primary level is more than 70%, which is satisfactory compared to neighboring regions.
Universities in Jamshoro
- Liaquat University of Medical and Health Sciences (LUMHS):Liaquat University of Medical & Health Sciences is a public sector university that aspires to be a world-class medical research and teaching institution that produces top-notch healthcare providers that apply excellence. The Liaquat University of Medical and Health Sciences is one of the leading universities in the country. It has a robust research program with numerous publications in prestigious journals. They have published some of the most cutting-edge medical studies and found several new illness patterns and treatment cures. In addition, the LUMS hosts workshops and seminars regularly intending to bring together the brightest minds in medical science to discuss and exchange ideas, knowledge, and expertise.
- Jamshoro Institution of Engineering and Technology (MUET): It is a public university in Sindh. The University is affiliated with the Association of Commonwealth Universities in the United Kingdom. MUET aims to provide advanced education and possibilities for students to interface with the domain, trade, and government.
- The University of Sindh, Jamshoro: In Jamshoro, Sindh, the University of Sindh is a public university. Sindh University is known for its research in literature, natural sciences, philosophy, and synthesis. It is a member of the Commonwealth University of the United Kingdom. In addition, this institute has partnered with many well-known institutions.
Specialties in Jamshoro
- Transportation: Bus service connects Jamshoro, through The National Highway and Expressway, with other major cities such as Hyderabad, Karachi, Larkana.
- Climate: The weather of Jamshoro remains generally hot, with an average temperature of more than 30 degrees celsius.
- Population: Jamshoro is one of the populous cities of the province. According to the Census of Pakistan 2017, the population of Jamshoro is 993,142.
- Economical: Most people in Jamshoro are associated with agriculture, and few are linked with government employees. In addition, three power plants in the city provide a source of income to thousands of residents of Jamshoro. Also, there are two main industrial areas where hundreds of industrial units are present where thousands of workers earn their livelihood.
Places to visit
This city was founded on a mountain called Morrha, and it has inspired famous writers to compose wonderful poetry on the adorable sights it provides to guests. Specifically, the scene when the sun is close to set and hides behind the mountains is one of the most captivating.
- Ranikot Fort : Ranikot Fort, commonly known as the Great Wall of Sindh, is the largest fort in the world. It covers almost more than twenty-five kilometers square of land. Moreover, it has the distinction of recognition from UNESCO for being one of the World Heritage Sites.
- Manchar Lake: Manchar Lake is an artificial lake established during the construction of Sukkur Barrage. It has the honor of being the largest freshwater lake in Pakistan. The captivating natural views of the lake attract tourists from all around the world.
- Shrine of Lal Shahbaz Qalandar: The Shrine of Lal Shahbaz Qalandar can be called the hub of traditional and cultural activities of the city. It is located in the Sehwan Shareef, which is a city of District Jamshoro. Every year, thousands of people from all over the world visit the Shrine of Saint Qalandar. The Shrine is known for its traditional dance locally known as Dhamal. Some other renowned sites include Kirthar National Park, Sindhology Museum, Kotri BarrageDarawat Dam, and Sehwan Fort.