Hunza, a beautiful mountainous valley, is located in the northern part of Gilgit-Baltistan. Hunza valley is a mesmerizing valley with many mountains above 7000m. Tourists come to this valley to see the stunning beauty of snow-covered peaks and do hiking among these beautiful mountainous tracks. Hunza is famous for its lovely scenic beauty and lively people. They are famous for their hospitality, peaceful and docile nature.
Hunza valley has a fairy tale landscape and historical forts. However, the most noteworthy thing is the passion for education. People of Hunza are eager for higher education and avail every available opportunity. That is why, most of the people are educated, rather highly educated. The people of Hunza valley are attaining education with full dedication and commitment.
Facts about Universities in Hunza
- Karakoram International University (KIU) is giving higher education in its Hunza Campus. It is a public university that is offering different degrees in various fields.
- Being a public university, it has an affordable fee structure and scholarship programs.
- Some degree colleges are delivering graduation degrees in arts, science, and technology.
- The medical and engineering universities are yet not established in Hunza. Students, interested in these fields, may go to metropolitan cities like Karachi, Lahore, etc.
- There are equal opportunities for both genders in the university.
What is Education like in Hunza
- The literacy rate in Hunza is above 95% in the male and female population.
- The KIU is expanding its departments with more subjects and more degrees.
- Being a public university, it has a quite reasonable fee structure for the students to carry on their higher studies.
- FG Degree Colleges are offering degrees of BA and BS to the students of Hunza valley.
- Agha Khan Foundation, along with local stakeholders, is making remarkable efforts in developing a better schooling system in Hunza.
- Schools, from primary to elementary, are giving education to both genders and the result is the highest literacy rate.
- The Federal Government is also developing schools and colleges in Hunza that are showing quite positive results.
- People of Hunza encourage all the kids to study and send all of them to school.
Quick Facts about Hunza
- Hunza valley has the famous mountains of Karakoram Range where tourists love to do hiking, camping, and site-seeing. Rakaposhi, Ultar Sar, Diran peak, Spantik, Darmiani Peak, and Ladyfinger Peak are some famous names.
- Baltit Fort and Altit Fort are historical places that are the center of attraction for many tourists.
- Khunjerab Pass is another name that adds to the beauty of the Hunza valley and Gilgit Baltistan.
- Hunza is famous for its local handicrafts, handmade carpets, traditional caps, and shawls.
- Hunza has long and famous glaciers of Pakistan like Batura Glacier, Husaini Glacier, and Passu Glacier.
- Chapshorro and Harissa are among some famous foods of Hunza.
- In Hunza, different fruits are grown like apples, apricots, grapes, peaches, etc.
Jaamiah is the platform that is doing countless efforts to collect dependable information about the universities of Hunza. This information has been collected and compiled to provide all the information in one click. There are not various universities in Hunza but the people of Hunza have positive educational trends. Therefore, Jaamiah has collected all the information about all the degree programs, the fee structure, grading system, and semester details of KIU to facilitate the students.