Haripur is an eminent city of Hazara district located at a distance of 65km from the capital city of Islamabad. It was named after the second Nazim of Hazara, Hari Singh Nalwa, a brave general appointed by Ranjit Singh as Nazim to protect the western frontiers in Punjab. Additionally, Haripur is home to most of Pakistan’s higher elected officials and the country’s senate. Also, it boasts the most globally flexible docks at the Tarbela Dam boundary. In addition, Haripur is the epicenter of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa’s revolutionary industrialization.
Haripur is renowned for its excellent educational system. In this excellency, the University of Haripur, a campus of Allama Iqbal Open University, and the Pak-Austria Fachhochschule Institute for applied sciences and Technology play their pivotal role. These are the prime institutes to acquire higher education.
Some facts about Universities and Institutes In Haripur
- University of Haripur (UOH) is a distinguished institute of the province serving the educational sector and empowering the students to tackle modern challenges of society.
- Pak-Austria Fachhochschule Institute of Applied Sciences and Technology has been offering versatile programs in applied sciences.
- It empowers the students for industrial and economic development, enabling them to excel in the practical field. In addition, the primary goal of this institute is to improve access, equity, and employability, and assure high standards in skills.
Educational Status of Haripur
- Recently, Haripur district has secured top positions in overall standards of education in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.
- Haripur is well-known for its outstanding education system.
- As per reports of 2017 and 2020, the education score in Haripur was recorded highest in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa. It was 85.6 percent among girls’ and boys’ schools in Haripur.
- The University of Haripur, the two government-funded postgraduate colleges and four government-funded postgraduate Women colleges are symbols of excellence in the education sector.
- The Allama Iqbal Open University (AIOU) is entertaining students in remote areas who prefer distance learning.
Some Facts about Haripur
- Many castes and tribes live in Haripur, including the Hindko Speaking Pashtun Tribes Tanolis, Panni, Jadoon, Mashwani, Tareen, Qazi, Utmanzai, Musa Khail, and many others.
- According to the census of 2017, Haripur is home to more than one million inhabitants.
- Khanpur Dam is a famous tourist site in Haripur. Each year, many tourists come here to enjoy the eye-catching natural beauty.
Jaamiah is striving hard to provide the latest updates regarding admissions to all universities in Haripur. It is offering free service to help out students to choose the right institute for their higher education. For this purpose, it has provided detailed information about the tuition fees, public reviews, location and other information required for admission in the universities. For this, it has displayed all particulars on the online platform about universities across Haripur.
Additionally, online courses are also being provided by some universities so that students looking for distance learning can benefit from it and acquire online degrees in specific fields. Moreover, Financial aid and scholarships are being offered for needy students to complete their higher education.