The education system in Faisalabad is average because of being an industrial city, the primary focus is on learning the skillset rather than formal education. The overall literacy rate of the city is 69%. The infrastructure of educational institutions is also not satisfactory. The population of Faisalabad according to the 2021 census is 3,542,000.
Faisalabad has some of the best universities in Pakistan whether it is related to engineering, medical, law, or arts. It has both public and private sector institutions. Some best universities of Faisalabad include the University of Agriculture, Government College University, Government College Women University, and National Textile University.
Facts about Universities in Faisalabad
- The University of Faisalabad has been awarded the highest grade by HEC which is W-4.
- The University of Faisalabad ranked in quality education, teaching, and research.
- It has international collaboration with universities for travel and research purposes.
- The Government College University Faisalabad (GCUF) initiated its journey from the primary level in 1897 and came to the university level in 2002. The total numbers of students enrolled are 25789.
- The University of Agriculture Faisalabad has earned its name in research among the top universities of Pakistan and won various awards from the Government of Pakistan. It has gained the name by doing research and transferring it to the people to ensure the best agriculture and healthy environment.
- National Textile University (NTU) was founded in 1954. It helps students to pursue their careers in textile and Clothing and make the country grow by doing research and innovation in these areas.
- Faisalabad is enriched with the research institute called the Ayub Agriculture research institute. It was founded in 1962.
- It is responsible for the research and development of food-based technologies.
What is education like in Faisalabad?
- Like other cities, Faisalabad also has primary level to post-graduate level degrees ensuring better education among the students.
- Faisalabad ranked 9th in districts according to literacy level.
- Faisalabad has both public and private sector institutions to ensure better education.
Quick Facts about Faisalabad
- Faisalabad is famous for its Textile and Furniture and is the 3rd largest city of Pakistan.
- The old name of Faisalabad is Lyallpur.
- Lyallpur Museum was also established in 2011 which shows the history and culture of Faisalabad.
- The famous shopping area in Faisalabad is known as D ground.
- Faisalabad has a clock tower that was built by the British during the 19th Century.
It is also known as Ghanta Ghar. It is the center of the city and is visible throughout the city.
- In terms of sports, Faisalabad has a cricket stadium known as Iqbal Stadium, which holds various national and international matches.
- Faisalabad is also known as Manchester of Pakistan because of its industrial importance.
- It is also famous for food like fish, karahi, sajji, etc.