Bahawalpur, among the top 20 cities of Pakistan by population, is enriched with historic excellence of bravery and knowledge. It is another big city of Southern Punjab with a strong educational history since Abbasid Rule. In 1947, the state of Bahawalpur was already independent and Nawab Sadiq Muhammad Khan Abbasi V choose to connect with Pakistan. The famous person who supported the Government of Pakistan in the first year of independence by paying salaries to the government employees.
Bahawalpur has been considered the city of knowledge and education. It has been termed as the city of education hub in southern Punjab. The students who are planning to continue their higher studies in Bahawalpur can find some prestigious universities and colleges to have the degree in various fields. In this article, the universities off Bahawalpur have described their degrees and disciplines.
Facts about Universities in Bahawalpur
- Bahawalpur has public and private universities that are offering different degrees at Bachelor level, Master level, and MPhil/Ph.D. Level.
- The Islamia University of Bahawalpur, formerly Jamia Abbasia, is an old educational hub that offers 74 disciplines in 45 departments.
- The Government Sadiq College Women University, founded in1944 as an intermediate college by Nawab Sadiq, is a prestigious higher education university for women with multiple departments.
- Quaid-e-Azam Medical College was founded in 1971 and has been offering medical degrees to the students since then. A well-known medical college of southern Punjab with experienced and learned faculty.
- Government College of technology and Government Sadiq Egerton College are some famous names for undergraduate degrees and technical diplomas in Bahawalpur.
- In public sector universities, hostel facticity is available for the students of far-off areas.
What is Education like in Bahawalpur
- The literacy of Bahawalpur is around 48 % including rural and urban populations.
- The public universities and technical educational institutions have funds from the provincial government that enables these institutions to offer affordable education.
- Public universities are offering different scholarships for students in various disciplines.
- Most of the educational institutions are having gender-based and co-education at the degree level. However, most of the schooling system is following separate classes for both genders.
- In Bahawalpur, the education system is the same as in the whole country and that is primary schools, middle schools, secondary schools, higher secondary colleges, and universities.
Quick Facts about Bahawalpur
- Bahawalpur was the state who joined Pakistan on will and supported Pakistan socially, economically, and educationally.
- Bahawalpur has world fame for the spectacular gorgeousness of the Mahal of the Abbassi rulers. Noor Mahal and Darbar Mahal are two famous names among others.
- It has rich soil and an agricultural city with crops of cotton, sugar cane, mangoes, and dates,
- It is famous for its Khussas( traditional shoes), embroidered clothes, and artificial jewelry.
Jaamiah has done prodigious efforts to get the list of the universities of Bahawalpur along with the details of offered degrees. All the effort done is to make things easy for the students who are striving hard to choose the right university with the choice of their subject. The time of selection at the university is considered a very delicate time. It is a big leap for the students from HSSC/equivalent education towards higher education or professional education.
Jaamiah is the platform where the students can find well-researched information about the universities of Bahawalpur. All the information, about the different departments, the offered degrees, the grading system, semester division, core courses, and fee structure, has been compiled for the convenience of the students.