The Allama Iqbal Open University (AIOU) is currently accepting applications for Matric, Intermediate, ALP-Middle Tech, certificate courses, undergraduate and graduate programs for the spring semester of 2023. These programs are open to students residing in Pakistan and outside Pakistan. SSC, HSSC and certificate courses will be distance education. The degree programs will be held at the university's main campus in Islamabad. The university offers a variety of degree options including BS, MS, MPhil, Ph.D., and PGD in various fields of humanities and sciences. AIOU is a distance education university that provides education to students through various means such as postal correspondence, online learning management systems, and assignments. The university also conducts workshops and lectures in different regions to support students and offers degree programs through face-to-face classes on its main campus.
The following courses are offered in certificate courses:
|Matric||Intermediate||Certificate Courses||Middle- Tech|
- Matric General
- Matric Dars-e-Nizami
- Matric open courses
- FA General
- FA Dars-e-Nizami
- FA Open Courses
- Arabic Teachers Training
- Khateeb & Imam Certificate
- Virtual Assistant (Amazon)
- Virtual Store Manager (Daraz)
- Facebook Marketing
|Technical training in some cities with the collaboration of the Government.|
The disciplines offered in degree programs are as under:
|BS (after HSSC) ||BS (after BSc)||MS/MPhil||PGD||PhD|
|Chemistry ||Chemistry||Physics||Computer Sciences||Physics|
|Biochemistry ||Physics||Computer Science||-||Mathematics|
|Statistics||-||Pakistani Languages & Literature, Urdu||-||Library & Information Sciences|
|Microbiology||-||Shariah, Arabic, Quran & Tafseer||-||Pakistan Studies|
|Environmental Sciences||-||History, Iqbal Studies||-||Education (Teacher Education, Science Education)|
|Agriculture Technology||-||Commerce, Economics||-||Education (Elementary Teacher Education, Distance & non-formal Education)|
|-||Education Leadership & management||-||Quran & Tafseer|
|Education (3 specializations)||Statistics|
Who can Apply
SSC, HSSC, & Certificate Courses
- All Pakistani students can apply who reside inside or outside the country.
For MS/MPhil degree program
- Students from the whole country can apply but the classes will be held on the main Islamabad campus, face-to-face.
- For BS degree programs, the applicants must have at least 45% marks or second division in HSSC/equivalent education
- A minimum of 16 years of schooling or 4 years of education in the relevant subject after a Higher Secondary School Certificate with at least second division or equivalent CGPA/GPA (124 credit hours from HEC recognized institution).
- Successfully passing a test equivalent to GRE/GAT general conducted by the department concerned with a minimum of 60% cumulative marks or as further advised by HEC from time to time.
- The criteria for admission and weightage of its components for MS/MPhil/MSc (Hons) programs, such as GAT General (NTS), academic qualifications, research/professional experience, publications, written subject test, and interview, are as follows:
For Ph.D. degree programs:
|Academic Qualification + Research + Experience||30+5+5=40 |
|Written Test (as per HEC/AIOU Policy):||40 |
- MS/MPhil or equivalent degree with a CGPA of 3.0 out of 4.0 in the semester system or 1st division (60% marks) in the Annual system.
- Passing a test equivalent to GAT/GRE subject in the area of specialization chosen at the Ph.D. level with a minimum of 60% marks, as per HEC requirements.
- The university committee for the test, consisting of at least 3 Ph.D. Faculty members in the subject area will conduct the test with intimation to QA Division HEC within one month of its constitution and the qualifying score for this test will be 70%.
- The criteria for admission and weightage of its components, such as academic qualifications, research professional experience, publications, and interview, are as follows:
| Academic Qualification + Research + Experience||40+5+5=50 |
|Written Test (as per HEC/AIOU Policy) ||30|
- It is important to note that the university reserves the right to amend the rules and eligibility criteria, and any updates will be announced on the official website of AIOU
How to Apply
SSC, HSSC, Certificate Courses
- The prospectus and admission form can be bought from the main campus/ regional campus/regional coordinator office/designated sale points.
- The students will submit the fee in UBL/ABL/MCB/FWB and get the fee challan.
- The fee can be submitted through Easypaisa/JazzCash/Upaisa.
- The applicants will fill out the admission form and attach all required documents. Enclose all these in an envelope.
- Paste the provided university’s Address (already attach with the fee challan) on the envelope.
- Send this envelope through the Pakistan Post Registry service. Do not pay the registry service fee to the post office as AIOU has already paid it.
- The students will be informed about books, assignments, and teachers through post and LMS.
Degree Programs Fresh Students
- Visit the website: https://aiou.edu.pk/oas-fresh-admission
- Click on the link "Application for New Admission Click here"
- Register by entering your email or mobile phone number
- Log in to your registered account
- Fill in all the required fields on the admission form
- Print out your "Challan Form" after filling out the admission form
- Submit your fee at any branch of FWBL, ABL, MCB, or UBL using the printed challan form
- You can also deposit the fee through Upaisa, JazzCash & Easypaisa.
- Visit the website: https://aiou.edu.pk/cms-continuing-students
- Click on the link "CMS for Continuing Students"; (https://enrollment.aiou.edu.pk )
- Enter your "User ID & Password
- Print the challan form according to the course.
- Submit your fee at any branch of FWBL, UBL, MCB, or ABL using the printed challan form, and keep a copy of the challan form after submitting the fee. The university may ask for a copy of the challan form at any time if required.
- You can also deposit the fee through Upaisa, JazzCash & Easypaisa It is important to note that you should follow the instructions carefully and submit the fees on time.
- BS admissions will be done on merit by academic results.
- MS/MPhil and Ph.D. applicants will have to pass the entry test and interview as per university policy.
- All the degree programs are face-to-face-based degree programs and classes will be held on the Islamabad campus.
SSC, HSSC, Certificate Courses The last date to apply is 21st February 2023.
|Last date to apply ||15 February 2023|
|Date of Test/interview for MS/MPhil/Ph.D.:||17th-24th February 2023 |
|Display of First Merit List||25th February 2023(submit fee till 1st March 2023) |
|Display of Second Merit List|| 2nd March 2023(submit fee till 6th March 2023) |