AKU has announced admission open for spring 2023 in an Undergraduate degree program, that is, Bachelor of Studies. It is 4 years degree program that consists of the core curriculum, interdisciplinary majors, senior thesis, and experimental studies. Admission is open for all candidates globally. Admission will be granted totally on merit and there are no seats on quota or donation-based admissions. The last date to apply is 2nd March 2023.
Aga Khan University, Karachi is a private university that has been working in the health services and education sector since 1983. AKU has been expanded to Tanzania, Uganda, Afghanistan, and the United Kingdom. Besides teaching and training health sciences professionals, AKU has started teacher education programs recently and trained many teachers successfully. Now AKU is launching a faculty of Arts & Science Faculty to start an undergraduate program that may advance toward postgraduate studies.
- Academic Qualification Requirements
|Pakistan Education ||Matric- with at least 70% with 65% in English Intermediate- with at least 70% with 65% in English|
|British System of Examination||OLevels-6 Best subjects including English. (Pakistan’s applicants must have compulsory subjects*) A Levels- Any 3 Principal subjects with a minimum of 2 Bs and 1 C grade. (Mathematics and General Paper will not be considered Principal subjects) |
|International Baccalaureate Diploma (IB)||At least 28 points out of 45 with English as a subject. 3 subjects must be at a Higher level. (Pakistan’s applicants must have compulsory subjects*) |
|American or Canadian High School Diploma||Minimum Score of 70% OR B grade OR 2.5 GPA with English as a subject at the High School level Minimum 4 principal subjects in grades 9-10 and 11-12. (Pakistan’s applicants must have compulsory subjects*) |
|Indigenous Higher Secondary School Certificates of Education||Students who have not studied in the above-mentioned education systems can apply with proper evidence of completing equivalent education with min. 70% marks and English as the principal subject.|
*Urdu, Islamiat, and Pakistan Studies
- No specific subject studied is required for application.
- Students must have to pass the AKU admission test.
- The applicants must clear the interview positively to get admission.
- Students with results awaited must submit their transcript before confirmation of admission.
- For specific eligibility queries, applicants can email the university to get clarity.
How to Apply
- Applicants will apply online through AKU’s website aku.edu/apply-online. The last date to submit the application 2nd March 2023.
- New Applicants must register first and then fill in the application form online.
- Already registered students may log into their accounts and fill in the application forms.
- Fill in all authentic information in the forms, along with the required documents and recent photographs.
- After submission, the applicant will receive a confirmation email.
- The application will be reviewed by the university and will be intimated about the admission test on the applicant's portal/email.
- Only online submission of applications is allowed.
- Carefully follow all hints and instructions on each page while filling out application forms online.
- Use an authentic and single email account to register on AKU's website and submit the application.
- An application, once created, cannot be deleted. So, create an online application very carefully.
- Provide all required information, otherwise, your application will not be submitted.
- Applicants must prove themselves through admission tests and interviews besides academic qualifications.
- Admissions will only be given on merit. There is no quota nor need-based seats or donation-based seats.
|Application Open & Last Date||18th December 2022 to 2nd March 2023|
|Admission Test||End of March/ early April 2023|
|Interviews||April & May 2023|
|First Set of Offers||End of June 2023|
|Waitlist Offers||July and August 2023|
|Fall Semester’s Start||October 2023|